Nigel and Jane welcome you to Clarence House. As long standing lovers of the Lake District and Keswick in particular, we are committed to offering a high standard of accommodation and service to enable our visitors to fully appreciate this most beautiful part of England.
Clarence House is a detached Victorian residence built in 1892. The property has been modernised and decorated to a high standard whilst retaining its original charm and character. We are situated in a quiet street, with plenty of free off street parking and just an easy five minute walk away from the centre of Keswick and ten minutes walk from the Lakeshore.
We have been awarded the 4 Star Silver rating by the inspectors from Visit England and a 5 for food hygiene by the local environmental health authority. Clarence House has received the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence.
We cannot guarantee the Lake District weather but we can promise, a warm and relaxing stay in the Lake District National Park.
- Help and advice should you require it on the local area, walks and places to eat
- A breakfast to set you up for the day made from fresh local ingredients
- Well-equipped Clean and Comfortable Bedrooms.
- Decoration throughout that is tasteful and relaxing, using restful period colours
- High quality solid oak or pine furniture
- Egyptian cotton bed linen and attractive quilted bedspreads
- Free unlimited WiFi in all rooms
- Original paintings, limited edition prints and professional photographs by Jane and other local artists
- Hospitality trays that include luxury biscuits and mineral water
- Cole and Lewis luxury toiletries.
Thank you for looking at our website. We hope to see you soon and sharing our love of this special place with you. We promise you the warmest of welcomes in the heart of the English Lake District.
Nigel and Jane